2013

Huge Blue Whale Colony Discovered in Sri Lanka

Written by Amos Nachoum
There was a time when Blue whales were hunted almost to extinction. That changed in 1966 when protective laws were enacted to save the blues, the largest animal on earth. Now there’s a new development, and it’s a good one. A huge Blue whale colony has been discovered in Sri Lanka.
Last year I scouted Sri Lanka for the fifth time in order to set up diving and photography operations  - my first exploration there was in 1982. I was amazed at what I saw. I have been waiting all this time for the moment of peace and freedom.  I’m very glad to start my first Biganimals Blue whale photography expedition. I’m offering three departures to Sri Lanka in March and April, 2012. I’ve prepared a PDF for you with all the details. Click to download it.
Also, the new BigAnimals Expeditions Blue whale schedule for 2013 is in the making. March 20 – April 1, 2013, March 29 – April 8, 2013,  and April 5 – 19, 2013. I accomodate only four guests per adventure – space is very limited. If you’re interested please email me at bluewhales@biganimals.com to reserve your place on this amazing adventure.
Follow on Twitter and Friend me on Facebook.
Related posts:
  1. 28 Years of Waiting – Free-Diving with Blue Whales in Sri Lanka
  2. Sperm Whale Adventure in Dominica
  3. Mission Blue and Dr. Sylvia Earle
  4. Blue Whales and Kayaks Go Together Well







No comments:

Post a Comment